[fpc-devel] Apache modules?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:13:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am new to web applications.  How does Apache Modules differ from CGI apps?

CGI Apps:
  * The application executes, creates output and exits.
  * Nothing stays in memory between user input

Apache Modules:
  * no idea?
  * Can things be kept in memory between user input? example: When
retrieving data from a database, can the connection be kept open?
  * can I load user data (example: login data) and keep in available
while the user is working inside the web app?

Is there a good resource on the web explaining the differences?  Any
help would be great.

Regards,
  Graeme.

--