[fpc-devel] DOS Platforms

Vinzent Hoefler JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Thu May 26 15:49:09 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 14:51, Tomas Hajny wrote:

> First of all - make sure you don't use Win32 versions of the GNU
> tools (especially make.exe etc.) when trying to build for the GO32v2
> target under WinXX. The best is to change your PATH setting within
> the given session. Then the existing makefiles should work out of the
> box.

Yeah, I did that.

> recommend starting with this part (for building the compiler at least
> - Win2K etc. provide better error checking mechanisms, so e.g.
> SIGSEGVs can be completely undetected under W9x, whereas W2K shows
> them immediately; I suspect the problem with exception handlers is
> probably similar case, i.e. they don't work under W9x either, but
> this problem is only signalized under WinNT and above).

I don't think so. It seems as under W2K the processor exception handlers
don't get installed at all, so they can't go bogus. ;)

> Makefile should be OK (see above). "Error setting exception" messages
> only appear under WinNT and above. That could be either result of
> better error checking (see above too), or an incompatibility of WinNT
> and above - just that you don't fall into a trap too early...

I did some checks, at the first glance it seems to be an incompatibility
of the DPMI services. I'll look into that later when I get that bitchy
thing working under Win9x hopefully.

Vinzent.