[fpc-devel] Extend the libraries people!

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jun 9 09:18:59 CEST 2005

> >> BCD?
> > Binary Coded Decimal. We urgently need a bcdfmt unit as in delphi.
> [...]
>
> I did not find any usable info about the bcdfmt.

Searching for "Delphi precision tbcd" on google yields:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:97hnmm3AhNEJ:www.delphikingdom.com/asp/useranswers.asp%3Fid%3D47518+tbcd+delphi+precision&hl=en

which yields the type.

type
  TBcd  = packed record
    Precision: Byte;
    SignSpecialPlaces: Byte;
    Fraction: packed array [0..31] of Byte;
  end;

> What is the required interface for the TBCD objects?
> Are they normal BCD (0-9) or Telephony BCD (0-9,a-c,*,#,filler) ?
> (Google on TBCD took me to ASN.1)

Normal I guess.

> A page for info about bcdfmt was started on wiki
> http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/BcdUnit
>
> Sorry I don't have a Delphi and I run on OS X.

Do not look at delphi copyrighted source, but get info from public sources
like helpfiles for download on Borlands FTP etc.

This should be enough to reconstruct a rough interface, details will then
later be found by testing real delphi code.