[fpc-devel] Extend the libraries people!

Bisma Jayadi bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Tue Jun 7 04:13:05 CEST 2005

> Why not both? Delphi is windows-only, so even if FPC became 100% compatible
> with D7, the libraries already available for Delphi are usually windows
> specific, and FPC libraries are cross-platform.

I believe you know about Kylix, which is Delphi clone on linux. Delphi IDE is
windows only, as Kylix IDE is linux only as well, but not the code. As long as
we don't use OS specific API (windows or linux), Delphi code is cross platform
(windows and linux). :)

This is also applied on FPC, not all FPC libraries are cross platform, though
most of them are. This is also applied on every compiler and language, except
Java maybe. It depends on your code, is it targetting a specific platform or for
all platforms?

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.modblog.com