[fpc-devel] cross-compiling (linux program from Win32 platform)

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Tue Aug 2 12:49:13 CEST 2005

Another option is to use CoLinux if you find "true" cross compiling too much
tedious work. CoLinux acts like a real operating system at your finger tips,
which means command line programs can be tested immediately..   There are
advantages to both methods. The bottom line is you are going to have to test
your app on a real linux at some point (ultimately, there's no sense denying
this), so I have figured the best way to compile is to remotely compile programs
through the network over to a real linux hardware box or to a fake colinux box
(not true cross compiling, just that you hit compile on the windows machine,
and -boom-, it compiles on the linux machine or fake colinux machine).. I will
release some tools for this at some point.