[fpc-devel]Still have problems with arrays...

C.Keck C.Keck at gmx.net
Wed Sep 20 10:11:57 CEST 2000

Hi,
the tips you gave me on open arrays did not really solve my problem.
Let me try to describe my problem a little more detailed:
- a program calls a procedure in a unit with some params, like:

testprocedure (x, y, z, @buffer, sizeof(Buffer));

- In fact the buffer is an array, but only in the program that calls the procedure
- so the procedure does only know the pointer to the buffer and the size of it.
- now I want to move the data within the procedure with an computed offset,
e.g. move the data at @buffer+offset -> @buffer ... how can this be done?
- Is there any complementary to the "move"-command that can work with
pointers?

Many thanks in advance again ;-)

Chris