[fpc-devel]Macintosh?

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Wed Sep 20 09:51:21 CEST 2000

>I was wondering if someone could update me on the status of the Mac
>version of FPK? Is there anything that can be downloaded and used yet?

Short answer: no there is nothing usable or downloadable yet.

Longer answer: work is slowly progressing (several PPC routines for the
runtile library have already been implemented, and work on the new code
generator continues as well now that version 1.0 is out of the door), but
it will take still quite some time before we have something usable. A
LinuxPPC version will probably be ready first because we alreay have an
RTL for Linux, but even that won't be for the following months
unfortunately.

Jonas