[Pas2js] Export a method to be called from javascript?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Jul 3 11:32:40 CEST 2023

On Mon, 3 Jul 2023, Luca Olivetti via Pas2js wrote:

> Hello,
>
> how do I export a method/procedure so that it can be called by plain
> javascript?
>
> I need it so I can call it from an android WebView
> (myWebView.evaluateJavascript).
>
> I tried to add an "export" modifier both to a method and to a plain procedure
> but the compiler tells me "not yet implemented".

The trunk compiler supports compilation of libraries, there you can do this.

But normally, you can call a method with

pas['yourunit'].yourfunctionname()

pas['yourunit'].$impl.yourfunctionname()

if the function is in the program, replace 'yourunit' with 'program'

Note that the program must have been initialized with run() before you can
do this, because run() will call the initialization section of all units.