[Pas2js] .lfm files in utf16 question

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Sun Feb 26 18:47:24 CET 2023

I have found out, that Lazarus stores compiled.js Java script file in The format UTF8 BOM.
And .lfm files are stored as UTF8 without BOM.
So When I have used my loving Pas2jswidgets. When I have added Czech characters in to form by using Lazarus Form editor window.
When I have compiled The project. I have resaved created .js file but no with encoding UTF8 BOM but I have changed encoding to UTF8
So no BOM.
As a result, all Czech characters are being displaied perfectly on Microsoft Windows.
But I Am aware, that my finding is not big revolution related to this problém.
Because when compiled .js files will be stored without BOM, Android operating systém will display Czech characters incorrectly. So I will hhave functioning solution only for Microsoft operating systém.

But may be, that my finding will help to find a professional repair solution.

So resaving .js file to UTF8 without YBOm is partial solution.
So for now, to have Android operating systém to display characters correctly, I will have to really store Czech characters in to respektive GUI element properties in to onformcreate procedure event.
I know, that UTF8 with BOM is important for Android. Because I had issues with this when I have compiled Android apps written by using PPCJVM and JVM target, OS Android.
UTF8 without BOm causes wrong Czech characters display on Android devices.
And I Am afraid, that I could get The same unpleasant result also when working with WEB app and .js file stored as UTF8 without BOM.