[Pas2js] Inspect variables and fields in the browser console?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Sep 23 19:00:58 CEST 2022

El 23/9/22 a les 18:20, Michael Van Canneyt ha escrit:

>> I can inspect all the fields from there, but still I cannot find a way
>> to show them from the console prompt (i.e. when you write a variable
>> in the console and see its value).
>
> I usually use simply
> uses js;
>
> Writeln(TJSJSON.stringify(yourvalue));
>
> you can also do
>
> uses web;
>
> console.debug(yourvalue);
>
> The effect is usually more or less the same.

That's the old writeln trick, but you need to instrument the program to
do that.
I mean how do I inspect the variables in the javascript debugger without
I now know I can do that using the "scopes" panel, but I wanted to know
how I can see them in the javascript console.

By trial and error I just found that I can see them under

$mod.Application

Bye
--
Luca