[Pas2js] Inspect variables and fields in the browser console?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Sep 23 14:07:40 CEST 2022

El 23/9/22 a les 12:37, Mattias Gaertner via Pas2js ha escrit:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 15:14:48 +0000 (UTC)
> Luca Olivetti via Pas2js <pas2js at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> The latter. When I put a breakpoint inside a procedure, I can only
>>> see local variables.
>>

>> So, is it possible or not to inspect fields defined in my
>> TBrowserApplication?
>
> It is possible.
> I assume, your program contains a
> var
>    Application: TBrowserApplication;
>
> For example in Chrome when paused on a breakpoint look at the right side
> under Watch and Breakpoints there is Scope.
> Under Scope there is Local and Closure. The Application should be
> there. Depends on where your breakpoint is.

Ahh, thank you! Now that I'm looking for it I found it in firefox (it
was out of view since the area was small and there's no scrollbar until
you hover over the panel, so I thought there were no more subpanels).
I can inspect all the fields from there, but still I cannot find a way
to show them from the console prompt (i.e. when you write a variable in
the console and see its value).

Bye
--
Luca