[Pas2js] Building problem

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Sep 30 19:54:39 CEST 2020

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020, Ryan Joseph wrote:

>> On Sep 30, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> That should be TJSArrayBuffer or TJSDataView, because ArrayBufferView does
>> not actually exist.
>>
>> See:
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/ArrayBufferView
>
> It used to exist 2 years ago. :) Other types are missing also like TJSFloat32List. Why did that go away? Btw, I'm trying to build my WebGL2 examples and that's where these errors are coming from.

Are you sure these were not private additions ? Or maybe you forgot to
submit them ? I honestly can't remember deleting things..

>>> Why are you not including GCC error messages?
>>
>> You're the first to ask, so: simply because we don't see the need.
>>
>> The current error messages are used in Lazarus/Delphi
>> and VS Code studio. None seem to have problems with this.
>>
>> But that's not to say we won't accept patches that implement this, of course. Should be fairly trivial to add, I suppose.
>
> I tried building with a Makefile and in my editor (Sublime Text) the build
> system for makefiles looks for GCC style errors so it's helpful to enable
> these, otherwise I need to make a custom build system for pas2js.  I think
> that's why it exists in the main compiler, for makefile support.

Well, as I said, it should be fairly trivial to add.
Please file a an issue in the bugtracker, lest we forget...
If you create a patch, then it will be applied very quickly.