[Pas2js] how to store long data more than 1 mb of Ascii text

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Wed Sep 16 12:01:10 CEST 2020

Is it possible to store 1 MB of ASCII clean text to some Pascal source so
functions and procedures will have access to it?
The aim of my plea is, that I have complex work in front of Me. I need to
store Czech dictionary file which is The dictionary for Pspad text editor.
Clients will have to type Czech words and I do not have to depend on their
spell checkers. App should determine, if word is missspelled when respondent
will type it to editable word. I will also have to use strings related
Pascal unit to determine, if predefined three letters first three letters
are presented inside The word. Fortunately, every edit box will contain only
one word.
The question is, if is it possible to embed long dictionary from Pspad to
The source code, because I know, that it is not possible to work from
external data file when I will not speak about data stored on some servers.
If it would cause memory allocation issues or code crash, I will have to
give it up, so big dictionary will not be possible to embed.