[Pas2js] TCustomWebWidget(DefaultParentElement)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Nov 27 12:16:37 CET 2020

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020, heliosroots wrote:

> I don't want to create an area to add the dialogues I want them to be in the
> Body
>

> with TMyModal.create(nil) then
>   try
>     // DefaultParentElement =>> document.body
>     await(show);
>   finally
>     Free
>   end;

But that should work, this is the exact purpose of DefaultParentElement.

Why does it not work for you ?

> || From what I hear, I think you better simply set ParentID in the
> constructor
> || of your widget ?
> I can't trust the id it changes if it gives a refresh

Not if ParentID is a fixed ID in the HTML.
And as far as I know, you can give an ID to the body element. I would need to check that.

During refresh, we should maybe not regenerate the ID of an element, but reuse
the existing one if there is one.  I will check this.