[Pas2js] problem in many use of tstream in rtl\classes.pas

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Nov 17 03:27:22 CET 2020

On Mon, 16 Nov 2020, peruginia wrote:

> i have changed many definition from char to WideChar in file
> packages\rtl\classes.pas
>
> i placed my changes, did anyone else have the same problem?
> classes.diff <http://pas2js.38893.n8.nabble.com/file/t117/classes.diff>

I looked at this, and I can see that you changed Char to WideChar in some
places.

Can you please create a demo that shows the actual problem ?
Or at least explain what the problem is according to you ?

Because the TStream and TParser implementations pass the RTL testsuite of FPC,
so I am surprised to hear that there would be such a fundamental problem.