[Pas2js] Translating using resource strings

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Jul 23 11:03:12 CEST 2019

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019, Pedro Pablo Oviedo Vera wrote:

> Sorry, Iam realy new....I need to know something like if this demo is
> possible run from Lazarus IDE or from fpide...if I need specific
> configuration to installa any package with pas2js componets or simply
> config path to units source code....really from 0 ...please

Please start with reading:

https://wiki.freepascal.org/pas2js

and

https://wiki.freepascal.org/lazarus_pas2js_integration

It describes what must be done.

Basically:

1. you must download and unzip the pas2js distribution.

2. To work with lazarus you must install the pas2js_dsgn package in the IDE,
    and tell the IDE where you put the pas2js binary, as described in the
    second page referred to above.

(Lazarus packages are described here:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Packages)

After that, you can start coding in Lazarus. But you can also simply use
notepad++ or some other editor if you prefer.

You cannot use pas2js from fpide.

Michael.