[fpc-pascal] FPC's google API units: heads up...

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Oct 3 11:27:45 CEST 2026


Hi,

For those using the google APIs part of FPC:

I have removed all pre-generated API units from the FPC repo.
Only a discovery2pas tool remains, plus some demos.

Rationale:

The old tool used to generate the units was not complete, and the resulting
units sometimes needed hand tweaking, requiring me to commit them.

Since some time we have json-schema and openapi support, with better code
generators. So I switched the code tool to use the json-schema and openapi
support.

The result is that you can now generate the units directly from the google 
API schema and be sure they compile and function correctly.

This removes the need for committing the results (reducing FPC's compile
time as a side effect :))

There are 3 examples for the APIs, with instructions on how to use them.

The tool will generate a compatibility unit (-b) if you want it, 
but I strongly suggest you simply convert your code to use the new objects.
The properties names and types will be the same for 99% of cases.

Google meanwhile has removed the support for the OOB OAuth flow which the
old code used, so I adapted the examples to use a small in-process HTTP 
server to capture the access & refresh tokens. This small server is
available in the package as well.

Michael.


More information about the fpc-pascal mailing list