[fpc-pascal] Quiz

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Jan 7 20:47:28 CET 2024

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024, Adriaan van Os via fpc-pascal wrote:

> Quiz.
>
> Which of below constant declarations are accepted by the compiler and what is
> their value ?
>
>  const
>    ki1                               = + 2;
>    ki2                               = +2;

+x is a unary expression.

>    ki3                               = 2+;

Does not compile, the binary expression is not complete.

>    kr1                               = 1.;

There is some special handling for 1.
(ending with a dot) due to Delphi/TP compatibility, they accept it.

>    kr2                               = 1e-2;
>    kr3                               = 1e+2;
>    kr4                               = 1.e+2;

kr4: Same as kr1 in FPC, but Delphi does not accept it.

>    kr5                               = 1 . e + 2;

Same as kr1, but not accepted by Delphi.

>    kr6                               = 1 . 0 e + 2;

kr6 does not compile, although I don't see why if kr5 is accepted..

Delph does not accept it.

>    kr7                               = 1.0e+2;
>    kr8                               = 1.0 e + 2;

kr8 Does not compile, probably same reason as kr6. Delphi does not accept it.

Michael.