[fpc-pascal] Floating point question

James Richters james.richters at productionautomation.net
Sun Feb 4 16:51:45 CET 2024

Hi Jonas,
That’s Interesting,  Thank you very much for the links!! Not only an explanation but a solution.
The original is how I would expect it to work,  If it's for Delphi compatibility why not only do that when in Mode Delphi?   If not in mode Delphi who cares if it's compatible?
Delphi is completely wrong to do it this way.
I'm glad there is  $EXCESSPRECISION   I am Immediately putting that in every single program I have, because that is I always thought it would work, and I do have divisions where this can be a problem.

James