[fpc-pascal] Error: compilation raised exception internally

Thomas Kurz fpc.2021 at t-net.ruhr
Sat Oct 21 19:18:55 CEST 2023

> An exception or an internal error during compilation should *always* be
> reported.
> Please also provide a minimal, self contained example that shows the
> problem.

This is not always trivial because the internal errors are sometimes quite fiddly. I have a project in which an internal error occurs sometimes. When I do a "cleanup and build" (in Lazarus), it works well. There seems to be an influence of the order in which units are compiled, because I can change code in many places without getting the internal error again. But when I change code in other units, I get the internal error, but it's clearly uncorrelated to the line at which it occurs.