[fpc-pascal] All methods vitrual ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Oct 16 15:30:06 CEST 2023

On Mon, 16 Oct 2023, Adriaan van Os via fpc-pascal wrote:

>>     That's absurd, there are many features in modes objfpc and macpas
>>     that don't compile with Delphi.
>>

>> That doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>> Also we won't add it anyway, so... 🤷‍♀️
>
> Apperently, a sensible discussion, based on logical arguments, instead of
> dogma, is impossible.

This has nothing to do with dogma.

You ask to change the language. A considerable change by any standards,
requiring persuasive arguments, and your arguments for this change are simply
not persuading enough.

Changing the language so you can get your list of methods is an ad-hoc
solution to a (from our point of view) non-problem.

There are (or will be) other solutions to your particular problem,
making such a change simply unnecessary.

We can argue about the manner in which Sven closed the discussion,
but that's a matter of style, not dogma.

Michael.