[fpc-pascal] All methods vitrual ?

Adriaan van Os adriaan at adriaan.biz
Wed Oct 11 16:46:56 CEST 2023

Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal wrote:

> $M controls the inclusion of RTTI, i.e. it allows or disallows the use
> of the published section.
> No more, no less.

I don't see any use in allowing or disallowing something. And with the current design, it is, as I
said, impossible, without macros, to compile the same code with {$M+} and {$M-}.

> It has no impact on the other visibilities whatsoever. And that will not
> change, if only for Delphi compatibility.

Adding a visibility specifier "visible" meaning "published" with {$M+} and "public" with {$M-}
doesn't degrade Delphi compatibility. Anyway, I did that now for my source code with macros, but
it's clumsy.

> If this is not acceptable, then you will need to wait for the extended
> RTTI or use fcl-passrc to solve your need.

I tried fcl-passrc but it didn't produce anything but crashes. I much welcome the extended RTTI.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os