[fpc-pascal] TPath enhancements (Issue #40513): can somebody test with Delphi 12?

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 13:49:11 CET 2023

On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 12:59 PM Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> The output is in linux.txt and windows.txt

Thanks for testing.

It seems that it'll pick the last absolute path it finds, not the
first one in the argument list.

It seems that DoTest('regular 1','a','\b','c'); will give '\b\c'
That's confucing given that the Delphi docs suggest that if an
absolute path is found (being not the firts argument), then this path
will be the function result.
If that were to be true, I would expect the result to be '\b' in that case.

This raises the question what the result of
TPath.Combine(['a','\b',c'','\d','e']) would be (I would then expect
either \b\c or \d\e)?

If ValidateParams is True, will it raise an error on invalid path
characters in an argument that will not be used for the final result

--
Bart