[fpc-pascal] Serial connection via TCP/IP sockets on RPi?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 19:47:01 CET 2023

On Fri, 03 Nov 2023 17:34:09 +0100, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>So ser2net seems like a logical use given that the RPi3 is already there
>connected by wire to the serial line and is available via VPN on the network. I
>have just checked (using PuTTY via VPN) that the RPi3 does not yet have a
>ser2net installed but there is a candidate 3.5-2 available via apt.
>
>So if I shut down the existing control software then the serial port becomes
>free to use with ser2net, I guess.

I have now found that there is a Linux utility named socat, which apparently is
able to map a serial port to a network socket server:

https://www.acmesystems.it/socat

Here they actually use ser2net as the remote server point and socat to connect
to it....

Seems like a possible path to go down.

--
Bo Berglund