[fpc-pascal] Legitimate use of for and break

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Jun 21 14:07:59 CEST 2023

On 6/20/23 10:54 PM, Steve Litt via fpc-pascal wrote:
> It was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly the
> Whitesmith Pascal and Turbo Pascal 2 and 3 had either break or
> continue. If I remember correctly, I first learned about those when
> learning C.

i'm confused about your statement... first you say break/continue existed in one
of two pascal dialects but then you say you first learned about the two keywords
in C... ummmm, wut?

in any case, Break/Continue did not appear in Turbo/Borland Pascal until v7 in
1992... i posted about that in this thread on the morning of the 18th about
7:20AM Eastern US time...