[fpc-pascal] Legitimate use of for and break

Hairy Pixels genericptr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:05:04 CEST 2023

> On Jun 20, 2023, at 1:10 PM, Steve Litt via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I can still make a good argument for what my professors taught me, but
> in the intervening years, I found break and especially continue
> wonderful for increasing readability.

Educators continuously have stupid ideas that don't work out as intended in the real world.  I would love to see them make a real program that does something difficult and not use early breaks.

I assume them they forbid early exits in functions also or is the loop special for them?

Regards,
Ryan Joseph