[fpc-pascal] Documentation or compiler bug?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jul 8 11:01:42 CEST 2023

On Sat, 8 Jul 2023, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jul 2023, Hairy Pixels via fpc-pascal wrote:
>
>> In fact I filed a bug today which was related. Notice how I didn't use
>> cdecl in the program but another user tried to compile and had problems
>> with cdecl also.
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/40342
>> <https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/40342#note_1462402401>

Small addition:

He did not have problems with cdecl, but with the fact that the c library
was not linked. But this was intended: he wrote it explicitly 'as intended'.
So all is well, except the internal error (AFAIK you cannot pass a record to printf())

Just so you have a correct picture of what is happening.

Michael.