[fpc-pascal] Documentation or compiler bug?

Hairy Pixels genericptr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 10:27:26 CEST 2023

In fact I filed a bug today which was related. Notice how I didn't use cdecl in the program but another user tried to compile and had problems with cdecl also.

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/40342 <https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/40342#note_1462402401>

Basically this program:

{$mode objfpc}

program test;

function printf(format: PChar): Integer; external; cdecl; varargs;

begin
end.

> On Jul 8, 2023, at 2:12 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> They are used together. The FPC sources are full of them, most import
> libraries work like that:
>
> function PQconnectStart(conninfo:Pchar):PPGconn;cdecl;external External_library name 'PQconnectStart';
>
> It would be helpful if you would give the exact statement you are writing.

Regards,
Ryan Joseph