[fpc-pascal] Daily snapshots?

Nico Neumann n.neumann93 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 18:14:17 CET 2023

Running a GUI application (like Lazarus) from a container isn't that
complicated (just make sure you trust the container you run (depends on
your approach) [1]):
- mounting/forwarding your X server socket to the container application
- remote desktop to the container via VNC or xrdp
To simplify this you could use helper tools like x11docker [2].

The X server socket is Linux only but on Windows its even easier:
you only need a recent WSL2 version (thus Windows 10 or newer) which
comes with WSLg [3]. Then simply install Docker or Podman on your
Windows host and start your GUI application in the container.

[1]: https://www.baeldung.com/linux/docker-container-gui-applications
[2]: https://github.com/mviereck/x11docker
[3]: https://github.com/microsoft/wslg

Kind regards