[fpc-pascal] Daily snapshots?

Nico Neumann n.neumann93 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 11:50:15 CET 2023

Hi Thomas,

in case your platform allows to use Container images [1], you might give
the Container images of FPC [2] a try.
The beta image is for the next released version of FPC (fixes_3_2
branch) while the trunk/nightly uses the main branch. Depending on the
image version you only need to download between 180 and 313 megabytes
(the slim images with <50 megabytes are only built for released
versions) [3, 4] and it's fully separated from your system installation.
You can also use the Dockerfile locally to build the image on your own
host. The trunk/nightly image is build every 2nd day-the-week while the
beta image is currently only build on the 15th of each month (since
there were almost no changes in the past). If a higher frequency is
required, its not a problem - just let me know and I'll be changing the
schedule.

[1]: https://wiki.freepascal.org/Official_Docker_Images
[2]: https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/docker
[3]: https://hub.docker.com/r/freepascal/fpc