[fpc-pascal] More syntax questions (part 3)

Adriaan van Os adriaan at adriaan.biz
Mon Dec 25 11:46:35 CET 2023

Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal wrote:

> This is not correct either, as it suggests that ( ... ) is correct. It
> is not, if you use ... there must be other arguments present.

That is offending the reader: "You are to stupid to be given complete information".

It misses the point that programmers must be taught to think precise, abstract, conceptually and
logically. For the same reason, modern math teaching doesn't work. It tries to circumvent abstract
thinking by showing pictures. But there is no alternative to learning to think in abstract
concepts. The more stupid education becomes, the less their pupils do learn
<https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/gesellschaft/pisa-studie-128.html>.

If the language has the complexity built-in, there is no alternative but to be honest about it.

> You're also missing the ";" in front of the "...".

Thanks for pointing that out. I have added it.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os