[fpc-pascal] More syntax questions (part 3)

Adriaan van Os adriaan at adriaan.biz
Sat Dec 16 15:29:59 CET 2023

More questions about the FreePascal Language Reference (version 3.2.0)  part 3

26. Am I correct to assume the following equivalents for rules that I couldn't find a definiton for:

	formal-parameter-list                  = parameter-declaration .
	parameter-list                         = parameter-declaration .
	hint-directives                        = { hint-directive } .
	hint-modifiers                         = call-modifiers .
	hintdirective                          = hint-directive .
	hintdirectives                         = hint-directives .
	integer                               := [ sign ] unsigned-integer .
	integer-constant                      := integer .
	integerconstant                       := integer-constant .
	typed-declaration                      = type-declaration .

27. Section 13.2 defines a rule for <structured-statement> refering to a rule <exception-statement>

	structured-statement = compound-statement | conditional-statement | repetitive-statement |
with-statement | exception-statement .

Am I correct to assume ?

	exception-statement = try-except-statement | try-finally-statement .

where

	try-except-statement = "try" statement-list "except" exceptionhandlers "END" .
	try-finally-statement = "try" statement-list "finally" finally-statements "END" .

28.  The documentation for macpas "UNIV" is missing ?

29. Am I correct to assume ?

	ordinal-type = ordinal-type-identifier .
	ordinal-type-identifier = identifier .

30. Am I correct to assume that <desctuctor-header> was meant to be <destructor-header> ?

31. Are the operators "<<" and ">>" missing  in the syntax diagrams ?

32. Are the set operators "include", "exclude" missing in the syntax diagrams ? Is "><" missing
(specifically) as set operator in the syntax diagrams ?

33. Section 12.1 gives "sign" in boldface in the rule for <factor>, suggesting that it is a
keyword. Is that correct ?

(to be continued)