[fpc-pascal] what is release plan for fpc?

Bo YU tsu.yubo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:37:19 CET 2023

Hi,

I am sorry if this is not the right mail list to ask the question.

I am helping to build fpc package on Debian riscv64 and found that:

Now fpc version on Debian is 3.2.2, so I think this is fpc upstream
latest tag, right?
and this should be confirmed from here also:
https://www.freepascal.org/download.html

But from https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/tags, I
noticed there many tags newer than 3.2.2. So Could I ask here one
question, do we have a plan to release a new version from upstream?

I believe the new release will contain riscv64/mips64el support, which
will make it easy to bootstrap them on downstream distros like Debian.
Otherwise, backporting the huge patchset(>16K lines patch) will be not
acceptable by maintainers.

Thanks for your time.

Please cc me:)

BR,