[fpc-pascal] IRC channel for FreePascal support ?

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 12:53:31 CEST 2023

Hi Tomas,

On 4/13/23 11:39, Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal wrote:

<cut>

> Just FYI - I don't see anybody having name "Joanna" among people
> subscribed to this mailing list, and nobody like that has been
> considerably active here in the last years as far as my memory serves
> correctly. Obviously, the address and/or name may be completely
> different from the IRC nickname, thus it doesn't mean that you wouldn't
> get the response here for sure. I can't check the list of people
> subscribed to FPC forum, the person may be active there.

Thanks for checking, but well, I just got contacted by "Joanna"
privately on IRC, this is the chatlog:

> *** BEGIN LOGGING AT Thu Apr 13 12:35:45 2023
>
> [Joanna has address uid57472 at id-57472.lymington.irccloud.com]
> Apr 13 12:35:45 <Joanna>        I advised you to go to forums where you could get some help. Did you ask your question in forums yet?
> Apr 13 12:37:36 <Joanna>        Your question in fpc was already answered. Please Ask your next question in forums and provide a link
> Apr 13 12:39:26 <kroon> Hi. No, I prefer mailinglist and IRC, not forums.
> Apr 13 12:39:59 <Joanna>        Why do you dislike the forums?
> Apr 13 12:40:33 <kroon> I already have 2 ways of communication, I don't need a third, where I have to register etc.
> Apr 13 12:40:45 <kroon> Now why the hell do you ban people for asking questions ???
> Apr 13 12:41:01 <Joanna>        How long have you used irc ? I’ve never seen you before
> Apr 13 12:41:23 <kroon> And why do you kick people because they are being silent ???
> Apr 13 12:41:34 <kroon> I don't know, more than 10 years
> Apr 13 12:41:44 <Joanna>        If you refuse to ask your questions in forums we have nothing more to discuss
> Apr 13 12:41:48 <kroon> And I have never been kicked out of a channel for being silent
> Apr 13 12:42:06 <Joanna>        Not my problem
> Apr 13 12:42:26 <kroon> Fine, I'll try to contact the IRC admins in the mailing list and get your admin rights revoked then
> Apr 13 12:42:47 <Joanna>        I know who you are
> **** ENDING LOGGING AT Thu Apr 13 12:42:56 2023

Now I'm also banned from #lazarus, the reason is "harrassment by pm".

I ask the #fpc Libera.Chat IRC administrators (if they are listening
here) to revoke channel operator status for user "Joanna".

Regards,
Jacob