[fpc-pascal] FPC/Lazarus on RPi4 - How to read/write I2C connected EEPROM?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 2 21:07:48 CEST 2023

On Sun, 02 Apr 2023 16:16:46 +0200, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> declaimed
the following:

>Byte Write
<SNIP>
>a  location  within  a  64  byte  page.  A  byte  following  the
>address bytes will be interpreted as data. The data will be
>loaded into the Page Write Buffer and will eventually be
>written to memory at the address specified by the 14 active
<SNIP>
>The Master then starts the internal Write cycle by issuing a
>STOP condition (Figure 6). During the internal Write cycle
>(tWR), the SDA output will be tri-stated and additional Read
>or Write requests will be ignored (Figure 7).

	This sounds suspiciously like one is expected (or is able) to write
multiple bytes /within/ the "page" via multiple address/data operations,
and have all those bytes "burned" into the memory using a single "stop"
operation.