[fpc-pascal] FPC/Lazarus on RPi4 - How to read/write I2C connected EEPROM?

tsiegel at softcon.com tsiegel at softcon.com
Sat Apr 1 22:08:58 CEST 2023

On unix (and all of it's derivatives, everything is a file, including
connections to other systems.  You can treat it like a file, and in
(most) circumstances, it will operate just as if it were a local file.

Some devices require special handling, but for the most part, if it's
listed as a file on the system, you can read it as one.

Of course, permissions apply, so creating files or reading them may be
limited by user/group permissions, so there's no guarantee that just
because the file is there, you'll be able to read it.