[fpc-pascal] Feature Announcement: Function References and Anonymous Functions

Hairy Pixels genericptr at gmail.com
Sat May 28 12:04:10 CEST 2022

> On May 28, 2022, at 2:06 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Ah...
>
> The desire to make a programming language terse and unreadable as a consequence.
> If you want that, use C#, Javascript or one of the ubiquitous languages for bracket fetishists.
> Scala & Rust top the bill in terms of unreadability.
>
> So no, that's a "No pasarán".

Well that’s been my experience using both Swift and C# frequently over the last couple years that you don’t actually need to see the full function declaration in most instances because it’s inferred from the context. I’m actually finding it harder to read the Pascal syntax because there’s so much slammed in the function call.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph