[fpc-pascal] converting to UTF8

Santi svaa at ciberpiula.net
Thu Mar 24 20:47:34 CET 2022

El 23/03/2022 a las 10:51, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal escribió:

> FPC does not yet understand comments,
What do you mean with "understand comments"?

> so maybe it does not know this
> literal is cp1252. Add {$codepage cp1252} somewhere at the start of
> the unit.
>
> If this is part of a Lazarus application, then String is by
> default UTF-8, so your "original" is already converted to UTF-8.
So, as far as Ive understood,  without {$codepage cp1252}, when I read
the string from a file, it supposes it is utf8, even when it is not a
valid utf8 string.

And ansiToUtf8 doesn't suppose that the input string ansi, but utf8? I
can't understand what is ansiToUtf8  for.

> If you want to load a string encoded in CP1252, then you
> can use from unit lconvencoding:
>
> s:=CP1252ToUTF8(StringFromFile);

OK. that is the solution I've chosen.
Thanks