[fpc-pascal] Crash on Windows for Aarch64 target

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.nl
Fri Jan 14 10:00:30 CET 2022

On 12-1-2022 14:37, Volo Zyko via fpc-pascal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some time ago it was announced an experimental support for Windows on Aarch64 (namely in this post https://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2020-April/057762.html). I tried to build a dll with a proprietary code for that target. Building succeeded but it crashes on loading. At the moment I don't understand how to investigate the issue to provide more information about it.

I've been experimenting with this too. It looked cool to me to see if I
can show our flagship product running on a rpi4.

The major pain is to debug windbg what is going wrong on asm level.
One of the issues I ran into was something weird when a case jumptable
was used. It jumped to invalid code. I never was able to reproduce this
in a smaller example and in the full code it was one of the issues it
could run into.
Now that VisualStudio starts to supports more and more dwarf debug info,
I hope one day to use it as debugger.

Marc