[fpc-pascal] Caller agnostic procedure variables

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:27:11 CET 2022

> On Feb 15, 2022, at 2:09 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I've answered this question before:
>
> The "Reference to procedure" that will be part of anonymous functionswill do this for you.

I'm sorry I forgot! This thing keeps coming up for me and driving me nuts but I knew I asked in passing before.

So "reference to procedure" are going to be the new standard? To extend my example it would look like this? I please remind me, is there a closure involved which is capturing state and adding overhead?

I'm curious what this type actually is also, maybe a dispatch table which wraps the existing types or is it something totally new?

type
  TMyAction = reference to procedure;

procedure DoThis(action: TMyAction);
  begin