[fpc-pascal] Text Only printing on Windows.

James Richters james.richters at productionautomation.net
Wed Feb 9 19:17:24 CET 2022

Way back in the old Turbo Pascal days, it was super simple to send text to a
printer.   I had written a program that printed text on labels in the
order the labels were needed.. the whole thing took me less than an hour to
write and labels were spewing out of the printer.
I haven't had a need to print anything since then, but now, I want to do the
exact same thing.. print sequential text only labels from my FPC console
program.
I can display the labels to the console window, or write them to a file. but
I'm just staring at my code at a total loss on how to send these simple
labels to my
USB label printer connected to a windows 10 64bit PC.  Is there no way to
just send text to printers anymore?
I don't want to go through the windows print dialog for every label, and I
don't want to create one huge document of all the labels and print them all
at once..
I want my FPC console application to spit out the next in sequence single
label each time I push the space bar, without dealing with any the print
dialog or doing anything else.
This used to be so easy to do, but now it seems either very complicated or
impossible.  Does anyone know of a way to just send pain text
to a USB printer with FPC ,preferably without Lazarus?

James