[fpc-pascal] Working on a new way to educate people about pascal

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 17:47:13 CET 2022

Hi guys,

I had a new idea for an interface design to help people who either are not
into programming yet or have only used a language other than Free Pascal.
Please see this draft Introduction to Free Pascal web page I posted this
morning.

https://www.getlazarus.org/guides/intro/

My idea is to implement a web page system where syntax highlight code is
presented like in the Lazarus IDE, and special links are peppered through
and explanation of how and why Pascal works by using some example programs.
When the user highlights the special link, the relevant source code is
highlighted in the syntax window. This then hopefully allows people to
understand a bit more about pascal by pairing the explanations with lines
of source code.

Let me know if you think this approach has any merit or if you think my
guide could be altered to be a bit more clean in places. As a reminder,
this page is a wiki, so you cna submit edits to me by clicking the edit
link at the top of the page. I am able to see and merge your edits.