[fpc-pascal] Possible fpdebug issue

Thomas Kurz fpc.2021 at t-net.ruhr
Sun Apr 24 02:15:15 CEST 2022

Dear all,

I'm not sure whether or not this is an issue with fpdebug, so I'd like to describe it here first:

I have a main program (Win32 GUI running on Win 8.1) which loads and unloads a DLL dynamically. I know that fpdebug is currently not able to debug DLLs, but imho I don't do so, but the issue might be related.

The program runs fine when being run without debugger or when using GDB. However, a crash occurs when fpdebug is active and the call to "FreeLibrary" is made. The error is:

Project raised exception class 'External: Unknown exception code        $E0465043'. At address 76EB56E8.

The DLL is my own and I tried to debug the Finalization section with GDB, but I cannot find an issue there. So imho unloading the DLL should not cause any trouble. As I said, I'm not trying to actually step into the DLL; I'm only using fpdebug in the main program and trying to step over the "FreeLibrary" line.

Kind regards,
Thomas