[fpc-pascal] FreePascal and MySQL 8.0

Terry A. Haimann terry at haimann.us
Sun Sep 19 15:12:06 CEST 2021

I hate to sound stupid, but ...

I found the link to fpc.zip, but firefox
can't do anything with it.  If it is a ftp site I need to go to, I need
the address and user/pw/port to get in.

I found a refrence to
fpc.dfmk.hu, but I don't know user/pw/port.

Thank You for your
attention.

Terry H.

On Sat, 18 Sep 2021, Terry A. Haimann via fpc-pascal wrote:

> I just upgraded to a new laptop and see that MariaDB is using MySQL
8.0
> . I also see there is no connector in my Free Pascal install for
MySQL
> 8.0.  I do see that there is an open ticket to create a
connector.  Is
> there an Alpha or Beta version of the connector available that I can
> try?

Trunk contains the mysql 8.0 connector.
You should be able to simply copy the files and use the units with
3.2.x

Michael.