[fpc-pascal] Lazbuild error on Windows

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 02:51:31 CET 2021

> On Oct 29, 2021, at 2:01 PM, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Lazarus uses macros of the form $(LazarusDir) .
>
> Did you check the fpc path in Lazarus?
> Tools / Options / Environment

So what happened here is that I as a new user on Windows decided I needed the compiler first so I downloaded the most recent version 3.2.2. After that I wanted to use lazbuild and some Lazarus libraries so I installed that next. Problem was Lazarus uses "fpc" as the compiler path and due to the installation order that pointed to the newer version of FPC which wasn't compatible with the 3.2.0 units compiled in Lazarus.

Maybe Lazarus should by default point to the version of the compiler that comes packaged with it? That would eliminate a bunch of the confusion I had and when I wanted to change the compiler version I would have had to set it explicitly myself and triggered the error but at least then I would know it was because of something I did.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph