[fpc-pascal] Writing Pascal Physics and Vectors

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 23:25:00 CEST 2021

Thanks for the interest Ryan. I am preparing to push my code to a public
git repository with a FOSS license. In order to get this out soon it will
be broken into a few releases.

The first release, which is 100% done but needs accompanying documentation,
might be out in a week's time. It includes an OpenGL vector graphics system
based on NanoVG, with a friendly object oriented interface and some
examples programs. I am also writing a basic widget system to render
controls such as buttons, sliders, and text boxes that are rendered by the
same vector graphics system. This will be in the first release

Here is a small selection of the examples / demos I've written thus far.

Text paint: https://streamable.com/m4e4qn
Curtains: https://streamable.com/6o5y5o
Mouse track: https://streamable.com/uk8ak7
Crowd walk: https://streamable.com/mc3he6
Fire spark: https://streamable.com/fm02c4

The second release will include the complete physics system. It's about 80%
done and again will be a friendly object oriented wrapper around the
Chipmunk2D physics library. I will add to the same documentation system I
am writing for the first release.

The third release will likely include a full object oriented wrapper about
the Nuklear widget library using my vector graphics system as the renderer.
It hasn't been started yet.

If anyone is interested, here is the interface to the graphics system. It
centers on the idea of an ICanvas interface I've designed:

https://gist.github.com/sysrpl/6119ed313c8382004131761d6e292b3b