[fpc-pascal] Repost: TFieldType declaration change in FPC fixes_3_2 branch

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Sun Oct 17 11:54:40 CEST 2021

/Reposted with correct branch identifier/.

I thought that a fixes branch was only for bug fixes and not for issuing
non-backwards compatible changes. However, TFieldType in db.pas now has
6 extra elements.

The result is that IBX no longer compiles with the fixes_3_2 branch. I
have also heard the same for zeoslib.

Is the rollout of this patch to fixes_3_2 a mistake, or is there a good
reason for rolling out a change that breaks other packages?

Tony Whyman
MWA Software