[fpc-pascal] Can a console app running as Linux service restart itself?

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Thu May 20 19:16:20 CEST 2021

If you didn't have the configuration setup as required, you could still
spawn a second process to kill and restart your process as well, this
works too, but Michael's suggestion is probably much cleaner, and in all
likelihood, is probably the preferred method, but I know folks struggle
with the whole system process configuration issue, so some go the other
route just for simplicity sake.

On 5/20/2021 12:03 PM, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 2021 17:13:16 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 20 May 2021, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:

>>> Is it as simple as that? Here is my service file:
>>>
>>> [Unit]
>>> Description=SSRemote Server
>>> Wants=network.target
>>> After=syslog.target network-online.target
>>>
>>> [Service]
>>> Type=simple
>>> ExecStart=/agi/ssremote/bin/SSRemoteServerLx
>>> Restart=always  #<== This
>>> RestartSec=10   #<== And this
>>> KillMode=process