[fpc-pascal] How to find where my app consumes CPU?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed May 19 16:02:00 CEST 2021

On Wed, 19 May 2021 11:45:34 +0200, Marco van de Voort via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>So my guess something else is spinning (e.g. in a thread).

Seems likely based on my test with giving ChecSynchronize an argument 5 and not
noticing any difference...

So the original conundrum still applies:

** How to find where my app consumes CPU? **

The "other" items might be hidden inside other used classes such as the Indy10
components I use to implement the TCP/IP communications.
But when searching for sleep through the complete project sources I came up
empty-handed.
Something else must be going on.

I have a thread to handle the measuring sequence server and this uses timers
(TFpTimer) in order to check if it is time to run a task, but when idling no
task is running so no task execution thread spins off either...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden