[fpc-pascal] Dependency of OpenSSL 1.0.2 still in FPC 3.2.0 on some platforms?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue May 18 00:20:40 CEST 2021

On Mon, 17 May 2021 23:20:16 +0200, gebylist via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>?Dne 17.05.2021 v 22:06 Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal napsal(a):
>>
>> And that is what I have done, it is listed in uses of my mailsupport source file
>> as:
>> uses
>>    Classes,
>>    SysUtils,
>>    smtpsend,
>>    ssl_openssl, //<= Here
>>    synautil,
>>    mimemess,
>>    mimepart;
>>
>> Yet it is "not compiled"...
>>
>> Very confusing.
>>
>It is because loading of ssl_openssl plugin failed. Have you installed
>OpenSSL libraries on your RPi?

How is that done?
Is not openssl part of the Debian and derivatives Linux distros?

Well, I Googled and found a suggested remedy:
sudo apt install libssl-dev

After this was done I ran the exact same code in Lazarus debugger and this time
it got through and the emails were delivered!

>Check function |InitSSLinterface in ssl_openssl_lib unit. I personally
>never test ssl_openssl on RPi, maybe some error is here.|

Follow-on question:
Do I have to install dev packages like this on the  target system as well (one
where the application is not going to be built on?

Or is it only needed to be on the *development* system?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden